Sunday 15 July 2012

Kerridge Ridge via Alderley Edge"

Yesterday saw me running my local annual Rainow Village Fete "Kerridge Climb" for what I think is my 32nd year.Over that time I have always dreamed of firstly winning the race (no chance) and secondly being the first veteran home (slightly better chance) but once again yesterday out of a very small field of runners (30ish) half of which we under elevens we still managed to get a couple of top vet fell racers AND a junior international hill racer! Run over a lung bursting but short one and a half mile course, which is basically uphill and straight back downdown i managed 13.08 which will being twenty seconds quicker than last year was miles behind the winning time of 8.45 which to be honest is an insane time.

I also had a great run out at the midweek Wizard 5 over the hills and trails of Alderley Edge and again was quicker than last year in 37.51..

Week 28. Weekly mileage 20. Annual mileage 662. Sessions 125. races 26.

No comments:

Post a Comment