Sunday 18 December 2011

"Killer Hill +"

It been a rollercoaster of a fortnight with training and racing fighting off a variety of viruses. The highlight was last weekend's final North Staffs XC fixture at Westwood High School, Leek. Featuring the toughest climb in xc by far, and known even on the race map as "Killer Hill", it was made even longer this year than normal!. Three ascents of this in driving sleet and gusty winds was probably the last straw for my body which spent next three days in stomach ill mode! I did however run the whole course and score for the team, finishing eighth V50 overall. I'd like to think that the photo shows me dragging up those behind me but the reality is that I was probably holding them up!

Today was another great ten mile run in glorious sunshine over the Kerridge hills with the spread of the Cheshire Plain below me and the white snow covered hills of the Peak District to the north. The temperature hovered around 2c but I was working hard up the hills and finished off the ten miler steaming. Great stuff!



Weekly mileage 25. Annual mileage 1253. Races 29.

No comments:

Post a Comment