Monday 26 December 2011

"Boxing Day Handicap"

Earlier today in the mildest temperature for years I ran the club's Boxing Day Handicap over the usual "super hilly" four mile course from Langley Chapel around the roads of Macclesfield Forest. As with last year it was a "watches off" mass start affair whereby each runner had to estimate their finish time and pace themselves to as near as possible to this. Having run 28.13 last year I went for 28.28 but despite a really good run (apart from on the two toughest hills & my lack of endurance one again showing) I came in at 28.59 and thirty one seconds out. My son Matt and girlfriend Lucy chered me in at the finish which was great. The race was won with a difference of only four seconds!. Everyone retired to the St Dunstan pub for soup, rolls and beer. happy days!

No comments:

Post a Comment