Sunday 2 May 2010

"Out on the Gritstone Trail"

One of the great things about running is that it often only takes one good session or race and you are right back to where you want to be. This happened to me this week, where after a couple of weeks of niggling injury and low key training, a tough track session on Tuesday (including 5 x 800m with 1 minute recoveries) and Open Track meet on Wednesday did exactly that.

With the Tuesday session I held back on doing 1k's in favour of 800's in the hope that it would leave something for the following evening's Open Meet! I had intended to run the 1500 and 800 but opted for the latter only. My target for the season is a sub 2.30 so I was delighted with a 2.37 dead (off a 74 sec first 400). I finished really strongly and with some more solid speed work behind me through the summer hopefully i will get close to this time.

Yesterrday I managed a 12 miler which included several along the Gritsone Trail. Out for over two hours, this is the longest time on my feet for quite a while. On a beautifuuly mild and sunny day it was great to put the watch away and just run and I covered quite a few of the trails that I will be racing on over the next few weeks. All in all a great week of training and racing. Let's hope it continues!

Weekly mileage 30. Annual mileage 467.

No comments:

Post a Comment