Monday 24 May 2010

"A Five and a Half"














Within four days of the tough Bollington Three Peaks Hill Race it was back to the same hills and trails for the Rainow 5.

A much shorter and "runnable" event it still covers over 800ft of climbing. Once again overall I had a good run of 45.30 knocking 16 seconds off last year, but my achilles heal still remains the long climbing element of the race showing a definite lack of hill work. It was also unseasonally cold.


Not so last Saturday's race, the reasonably flat and fast High Peak Swift Half run in 25c heat! Once again it was the chance to get together with the eurobloggers who make up the net running community and a good time was had by all. Despite the heat we all got round. I was looking for a really quick time for me (sub 1.33) for a change but after hitting a less than steady 70 minutes for the first 9 miles I knew it was crazy to try and hold the pace and ended up ten minutes slower than last year in 1.45.30. I was just happy to finish in one piece without too much damage.

Weekly mileage 34. Annual mileage 549

2 comments:

  1. Mark,

    Great run mate. Good to see you :)

    Nigel.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Seems you had a great day. Wish I could have been there.

    ReplyDelete