Thursday 31 December 2009

"Return to Whinfell Forest"

The last running week of the year has mostly been spent up in the Lakes at Whinfell Forest, which the family last visited at the end of the summer. Once again I got in some great runs but the weather was very different this time round with the continued big freeze making it treacherous under foot and with strong winds taking the temperatures well below freezing. On my longest run I disappeared onto the forest tracks and was rewarded with the opportunity to see a couple of wild deer in their natural habitat. Although they kept their distance it was great to have them running alongside as I wove my way between the trees!

Today on my last run of the year I was back at work in sandbach but took the opportunity to get in a very fast six miler at lunchtime under a bright winter sun. A great way to finish the year.
I was going to do a review of my year but will leave that for a week or two to get it in perspective and at the same time lay out my plans for the season ahead.

Total annual mileage 1252

1 comment:

  1. Looks lovely! Are you signing up for the Swift Half in May Mark?

    ReplyDelete