Sunday 22 November 2009

"Rain, Run, Mud and Sherdley Park"

The last two week have probably been my best running ones for months but coincided with the worst rain and high winds of the year. Despite this I have managed to run eleven out of the last fourteen days and put more than thirty quality miles into both weeks. My first track session for a couple of weeks was also my best one for months inc 1 x 2 mile and 4 x 1 mile all run at sub 6.30 pace!

Last Sunday saw the second round of the Greater Manchester XC League at Sherdley Park in St Helens which is notorious for mud at the best of times so a week of constant rain turned it into an absolute quagmire! Despite this I ran really well and again beat my closest rival Jack from Salford Mets.

This week was rounded off today by a great five miler along the Shropshire Union Canal in Nantwich where my daughter was competing in a trampoline competition (no I didn't miss her perform!). It was yet another run discovering the new area I am working in now I have moved office base away from Macclesfield and these sessions have added a new zest to my running as they force me to really concentrate on not getting lost!

Annual mileage 1131

No comments:

Post a Comment