Thursday 1 January 2009

"Forest Trails & Christmas Tales"


The twelve days of Christmas always seem to be the same for runners, good intentions are derailed by family, friends, visitors and alcohol all at a time we are trying to get our annual mileage up to what ever target we have set!
This year for me it was no different. Despite a couple of great runs in the days up to Christmas Day the next few days proved more difficult to get out. The highlight of the last week however was a fifteen minute run with my daughter through Whinfell Forest in the Lake District as we took of couple of days away at Centre Parcs. As with all young athletes, Sarah my daughter only has two speeds, fast and stop! I'm not sure what was worse, getting up at seven am in the morning "as I had promised and we never break promises do we dad!" or trying to keep up with her once she knew we were nearly home. Very soon she is going to be pushing me to my limit!

Yesterday the year finished off with a great run over the local Kerrige Ridge which offers fantastic views over the Cheshire Plain to Manchester, Liverpool and beyond. It's a tough climb but well worth the effort. A great end to 2008 and onwards to another running year!

No comments:

Post a Comment