Monday 10 September 2012

"Stockport Magic Mile"


 Without much specific training over the last few weeks I turned up at Woodbank Park in  Stockport for the Marathon Talk "Magic Mile". Organised as part of the Moday evening Stockport Harriers track session this turned out to be a really great night. I had aimed for sub six (last year 5.58) and joined the sub seven minute mile race but soon found myself in no man's land with the five minute runners burning away and the slower ones dropping behind me. I still managed a 6.04 which I am still really happy with and after only a minute's recovery we set off again with the over seven minute milers and U/11s group for their mile. it was great to run with the younger ones and you could really feel their sense of achievement having gone "through the bell" they really all made a great effort on the last lap. A big thanks must go to the local club for making everyone feel so welcome and I'm sure it will be repaeated next year.

 Week 37. Weekly mileage 23. Annual mileage 901. Sessions 175. Races 34.

No comments:

Post a Comment