Saturday 29 September 2012

"Back Over The Country"



It's only a week since the last track action of the season (and yes I won the vet's category in the club's track championship!), but today saw the first cross country fixture of the season at Knight's Grange in Winsford. Run over a challenging but fast six mile course the going wasn't too bad considering that it has been the wettest month for years. The main issue was that due to race clashes I was the only senior man to run! Great to have maximum points in the club champs but very difficult to maintain focus when your usual rivals aren't around you. Having said that I had a very good run and maintained a reasonable pace over the four laps. I would love to know the time but my watch gave up in midweek and hasn't been replaced yet!




Update - Finishing time was 54.02 and I was 160th out of 211.

Week 39. Weekly mileage 27. Annual mileage 953. Sessions 186. Races 36.

No comments:

Post a Comment