Sunday 27 November 2011

"Cheddleton Christmas Pudding 10K"

Another mixed week of running finished off with one of my favourite running races of the year in Cheddleton, high up in the Staffordshire Moorlands.




Although being unseasonably mild (usually there is snow and ice at this time of year) the race was blessed with gusting headwinds which just happened to be blowing down the tough climb which must be worked up three times in this multilap race.




Although I ran an even pace I ended up with a very disappointing 47 minutes which is over and minute and forty five seconds down on last year. Maybe I just didin't pray hard enough in the beautiful 12th century parish church of St Edward which I nipped into for a bit of peace and quiet before the race. It is a very tough 10k but not that tough! This is indicative of my total lack of quality track and speed work over the last few months, something that I will definitely have to put right.








Weekly mileage 36. Annual mileage 1184. Races 27.

No comments:

Post a Comment