Wednesday 16 March 2011

"From Minster to Moor"

The last three weeks have really been up and down ones for my running.

The positives include - three great track sessions focussing on faster 800s and 2Ks with short jog recoveries / several fantastic very early morning runs around York whilst being there at a conference / a superb run in the hills above Macclesfield Forest and discovering a new track I didn't know existed across Piggford Moor to Shutlingsloe.


Negatives - a post track session calf pull that kept me out of training for four days / a heavy cold which then went to my chest leading to five days off, including not being able to run the Cheshire Fell Championships at the Cloud Nine Hill Race / not being able to complete any long runs in preparation for the Wilslow Half Marathon in a weeks time.
The only positive from the negatives was that I have recovered fairly quickly from both negatives!

Annual mileage 278 (week 10). Races 5.







No comments:

Post a Comment