Wednesday 8 December 2010

"Boggart Hole Clough"

Week number two of sub zero temperatures and the first time in my experience where a cross country fixture isn't confirmed until the day of the race. Furthermore all runners were advised to walk the course before they decided it was safe for them to run! Welcome to Boggart Hole and round three of the Manchester & District League.

Noted as one of the toughest courses of the season for mud and climbing last weekend was a very different experience. The team were hoping it may have reduced the numbers running and help us get up the league standings, it did, but the quality was still there at the front of the field with internationals Andi Jones and Tom Lancashire in fine form. The only positive thing was that after the start I didn't see them again, meaning I didn't get lapped on the three lap two mile course!

Although over the normal course I was 3 minutes 32 secs faster than last year (48.06), I still finished behind my two closest rivals Alan and Jack. I'm not sure how to deal with this yet but will have to wait until the next round of the League in new year to find out.

None running highlight of the week, sleeping in the car overnight in Sheffield with four teenagers due to heavy snow preventing travel back over the Peak District!!

Weekly mileage 23. Annual mileage 1230. Races 33.


No comments:

Post a Comment