Sunday 7 November 2010

"The Langley 7"

After several decades of racing and competition you would think that if I had learnt one thing it would be pace judgement. Wrong! Yesterday's Langley 7, hosted by my home club Macclesfield Harriers proved the point perfectly. It is a tough seven mile road race with a flattish couple of early miles but over 1000ft of ascent between miles three and five. My first mile of 6.22 in effect put paid to a good run and I finished over 90 seconds down on last years's time with a 52.25. The mile splits tell the whole sorry story - 6.22/7.23/9.14/10.04/6.27/6.32/6.20.

Despite this it was still a fantastic day (I helped set up the finish area and did race entries before I put on my vest, jogged outside and raced), there wasn't a cloud in the sky and the Macclesfield Forest and Wildboarclough views were fantastic. Must remember though not to go off that quick unless it is in a cross country race!.

I rested the legs today by going out for an easy ninety minutes on the bike which rounded off a good week of training.

The image is the label off the bottle of beer that all finishers received, brewed specially for the race. Needless to say it tasted great!

Weekly mileage 30. Annual mileage 1120.

No comments:

Post a Comment