Thursday 4 November 2010

"Central Park"

I have just returned from a fantastic week with the family in New York which included a couple of great early morning runs in Central Park.

Although I was out at 6.30am each day I was amazed at how busy the Park was with runners and cyclists. What made it more interesting was that I appeared to be running in the opposite direction to everyone else! I covered most of the lower and mid areas of the Park including the track around the Reservoir and took in the fantastic views back to the midtown skyscrapers.

The last couple of miles of each run covered those of the NYC Marathon which is run this coming weekend, and I'm interested to see how they cope with what is definitely not a flat run in to the finish. They certainly tested me and I love the hills!

The photo shows the family enjoying kite flying in Sheep Meadow on a day when the temperatures went into the lower 70's, which is definitely much warmer than it should be at this time in the year.


Weekly mileage 27. Annual mileage 1090.

No comments:

Post a Comment