Sunday 18 March 2012

"Lads Leap - The English Fell Championships"

It may only have been six miles long but Lads Leap was the toughest six for a very long time. The first round of the English Champs drew some of the best fell runners around and I saw them twice, at the start and after about ten minutes when I made the mistake of looking up the one mile drag of the first climb to see tiny colours moving along the skyline!













It was as hard as the views were fantastic of the tops, not that I stopped too much as I was busy concentrating on traversing the unrunnable five foot deep ravines across the peat bogs of the Peak District!


Over 1700 feet of climbing it took me 80. 52 to complete, but I wasn't last!


Weekly mileage 21. Annual mileage 284 (week 11). Races 6. Sessions 53.

No comments:

Post a Comment