Sunday 15 January 2012

"Woodbank Park XC"

Great weather, my sixth session of the week thanks to Jantastic and my best cross country run of the season all in one!

With temperatures dropping and with a cloudless sunny day I have had a fantastic race over the super hilly Woodbank Park course beating three club mates who I would normally be behind into the bargain. A three lap six miler this race has everything, a fast flat start, maniac descent and gruelling "switchback" climbing in super slippy mud meaning there is no time to recover. I finished in 45.32 and felt great!

Some of this is definitely down to a combination of consistent running and some great track sessions which this week included 6 x 88 with a 400 jog recovery at a steady 3.13/10/11/14/10/06.

Weekly mileage 31. Annual mileage 69 (week 2). Sessions 6. Races 2.

No comments:

Post a Comment