Wednesday 19 October 2011

"Sandbach Super 6"

After a week of good varied running including completing my first full track session since May (6 x 800m, 2 minutes recovery) I had a second outing in the Sandbach 10k a multi terrain race run over the fields and lanes I train on during the week.


With over four miles of undulating road this should be a straight forward race but the opening and closing mile are really interesting including single track, open field and a steep stepped railway bridge! Even taken slowly in wet conditions this was a hairy experience. The photo gives an indication of underfoot conditions at the start. I ran a very steady 45.30 (28th out of 174 finishers) which although being fairly slow was completed without any real issue and with plenty left in the tank. I even ended up as second V50!


Weekly mileage 27. Annual mileage 1013. Races 22












No comments:

Post a Comment