Monday 8 August 2011

"Teggs Nose Fell Race"

Second race of the week but the first time back in fourteen years at the Macclesfield Sheepdog Trials for the annual nip up and down Teggs Nose.

With 1700 ft of climb over seven and a half miles this was always going to be tough and so it turned out. The race is broadly two climbs and two descents that are both severe in different ways. I was going well for the first five miles and was on the home run when a twisting descent of The Hollins ( a path I must have run over a hundred times) found me diving forward and surfing the ground at close quarters! Everything hurt, both my calfs went into spasm and my right shoulder felt like it had been shot! A couple of runners slowed up to get me on my feet again and I hobbled in in 83.47! Two days later and it still hurts to cough or breath heavily. I hope the ribs are only bruised.

Weekly mileage 22. Annual mileage 779. Races 20.

No comments:

Post a Comment