Wednesday 1 September 2010

"Great Warford 10"

Two weeks ago and straight after coming back from holiday I decided to run this popular local race. It's a fast, flat course and is superbly organised by Wilmslow Running Club. Not being really "race ready" for a ten miler on a hot Sunday morning (24c) I decided just to use it as a training run and as such was neither racing or taking it easy. In this heat this was a big mistake as mentally I wasn't prepared to really perform at all. Lesson being, either race or don't enter! I got round in a steady 79. 09 but I made it much harder than it needed to be.

The last few weeks have been a mixture of trying to catch up at work, getting the offspring ready for the new term, including starting high school for Sarah, and easy maintenance running including sessions in the Lake District over the Bank Holiday weekend. Next week is the last track meet of the season and the official end of summer. It will be an all out attempt by the club to secure its position in the county league so no doubt it will mean me running everything everything from 100 metres to 3K and all distances in between. Roll on cross country!

No comments:

Post a Comment