Sunday 27 September 2009

"Teggs Nose"

It's been three weeks since the last post, but since then and helped by some excellent weather I have managed to get in five quality sessions a week, including a good mix of speed, endurance and distance. I have just found out that after twenty five years working in Macclesfield my base is about to change to Sandbach about forty minutes drive away. This has prompted me to start visiting all the key places that I have used for my midday runs over the years, including The Hollins, 108 Steps, Victoria Park, Swan's Pool and those fast intervals along the Macclesfield Canal. Whilst I will miss these runs (I can still do them at the weekend!) it will give me a great opportunity to search out some new trails.

I have also tried to start to get in a least one longer run a week and yesterday I got up early and ran eleven miles over the local hills including the quarried area of Teggs Nose (pictured). What a great way to start the weekend. Today I helped in the running of the Macclesfield Half Marathon and Fun Run both of which were great events and it's good to put something back into the sport for a change.

The next run will be the Oxford "Dream Inspires" run in a fortnights time and after that it's straight into the cross country season.
Annual mileage 924


No comments:

Post a Comment